Free, State-Funded Pre-K
Our Madison location in Georgia offers free, state-funded Pre-K to help prepare children for success in Kindergarten.
We are one of the largest Georgia Pre-K providers in the state, meeting strict standards for Pre-K program components, curriculum and assessments, and teacher credentials.
The overall goal of the Georgia Pre-Kindergarten program is school readiness. The program emphasizes active learning, consistent daily routines, and the use of positive behavioral management and assessment strategies.
The curriculum includes language and literacy, math concepts, science, social studies, arts, physical development, and social and emotional competence.
Pre-K Program Length & School Year
Georgia Pre-K provides a full 6.5-hour instructional day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year. Extended day services (before- and after-school care) are also available.
Demand often exceeds our available classroom space, so we encourage families to enroll early to secure their slot.
Eligibility / Registration Requirements
Georgia’s Pre-K Program is free to all four-year-old children, regardless of parental income. Children must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of the upcoming or current school year, and a resident of Georgia.
The following is required by the State of Georgia to register your child for this program. Please bring these forms with you for registration:
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s proof of age (birth certificate, passport, hospital record of live birth, green card, pink card or Federal I-94 card)
- Proof of Georgia residency (utility bill, rental/mortgage agreement or letter from employer)
- Completed Bright from the Start enrollment form
Forms required before school begins:
- Immunizations (DHR Form 3231)
- Hearing, vision and dental examination certificates (DHR Form 3300)
To learn more, visit: www.decal.ga.gov/Prek/